Ohio Cosmetology Infection Control and Safety
Courses for Continuing Education’s Ohio Cosmetology Infection Control and Safety Course meets the 3-hour Sanitation Infection Control and Safety requirement for the current renewal period. This course is for all cosmetology license types and the course must be completed by January 15, 2025 for the current renewal cycle.
New for the current 2025 Renewal Period for All Cosmetologists!
The Ohio Cosmetology and Barber Board reduced the CE requirement for the current cycle to only 4 total CE hours- 3 hours of which must be in Infection Control and Safety.
This course will meet the current requirements as long as it is completed by January 15, 2025!
Read about this recent change on the Ohio board website
In addition, you will need to take the 1 hour of Board Laws and Rules which is only offered by the board. Please see our FAQ section below for information on the required 1-hour Board Laws and Rules course.
Our course meets all of the requirements set by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board and is easy and convenient to complete! Simply register for the course and complete it anywhere that is convenient for you. This course is broken up into 3 easy to follow sections and there is a short quiz after each section to ensure full understanding of the material.
After completing the course, we will report your completed CE hours directly to CE Broker so you can renew your license without hassle! We will also email you a certificate of completion as soon as you complete your course, which you can maintain for your records.
The topics included in this course are:
- 2 hours of Sanitation and Sterilization
- 1 hour of HIV Aids
Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education General Information
What is Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education?
Ohio Continuing Education
Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education is a vital component of maintaining a cosmetology license in the state. Licensed cosmetologists are required to complete a certain number of continuing education hours during each renewal cycle, typically every two years.
These continuing education hours cover a range of topics, including new trends in cosmetology, safety and sanitation practices, customer service, and state-specific regulations. Cosmetologists can choose from various approved courses and providers to fulfill their continuing education requirements.
Staying up-to-date with continuing education not only ensures that cosmetologists remain compliant with Ohio's licensing regulations but also helps them improve their skills and deliver the best possible services to clients.
Please visit the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board for more information on Continuing Education and License Renewal.
Who is required to take Ohio Cosmetology Infection Control and Safetys?
Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
This course will fulfill the current 3 hour Infection Control and Safety requirement for all cosmetology license types including the following:
- Advanced Cosmetologist
- Cosmetologist Instructor
- Managing Cosmetologist
- Advanced Esthetician
- Esthetician Instructor
- Managing Esthetician
- Advanced Manicurist
- Manicurist Instructor
- Managing Manicurist
- Hair Designer
- Advanced Hair Designer
- Hair Designer Instructor
- Managing Hair Designer
- Natural Hair Stylist
- Advanced Natural Hair Stylist
- Natural Hair Stylist Instructor
- Managing Natural Hair Stylist
- Boutique Services Registrant- Threading
- Boutique Services Registrant- Braiding
- Boutique Services Registrant- Makeup Artistry
- Boutique Services Registrant- Shampooing
There are 3 cases for which continuing education is not required:
- If you are age 65 or older by October 3, 2023 you do not need to take CE.
- If you have had your license with the board for at least 30 years by October 3, 2023 you do not need CE.
- If this is your first Ohio cosmetology license, you do not need CE for the first renewal period.
If your license is in a LAPSED state that means you have not paid your renewal fees for 2 renewal periods in a row (4 years). To restore your license to ACTIVE state you will need to pay back all fees and take up to 24 hours of CE. If you would like to start the process of restoring your license to ACTIVE state, visit the Board website on license restoration.
If your Ohio cosmetology license is in an INACTIVE state, you will be required to take your CE hours in order to restore your license from INACTIVE to ACTIVE. If you would like to start the process of restoring your license from INACTIVE to ACTIVE visit the Board website on INACTIVE licenses.
How often do Cosmetologists have to renew their license in Ohio?
License Renewal Frequency for Ohio Cosmetologists
In Ohio, Cosmetology licenses need to be renewed every two years. The renewal deadline for Cosmetologists is two years from the date the license was issued.
It's important for licensed Cosmetologists to complete their required continuing education hours before the renewal deadline to ensure a smooth license renewal process.
Make sure to stay updated with the latest licensing requirements and renew your license on time to continue practicing in the state of Ohio.
Continuing Education Requirements
How many hours of continuing education are required in Ohio?
Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
In Ohio, Cosmetologists are required to complete 4 hours of continuing education as part of their license renewal process. These hours are meant to help Cosmetologists stay up-to-date with the latest industry practices and standards.
It's essential to fulfill these continuing education hours before the renewal deadline to maintain an active license.
Can I transfer Cosmetology Continuing Education credits from another state to Ohio?
Transferring Cosmetology Continuing Education Credits to Ohio
The ability to transfer Cosmetology Continuing Education credits from another state to Ohio depends on the policies and regulations set forth by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering. Ohio may have specific requirements and criteria for recognizing out-of-state continuing education credits.
It is recommended that cosmetologists who have completed continuing education in another state and wish to transfer those credits to Ohio contact the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering. They can provide guidance on whether and how these credits can be applied to Ohio's continuing education requirements.
What if I don't complete my Continuing Education requirements on time?
Failure to Complete Continuing Education Requirements
- License Renewal Delays: Failing to fulfill your CE requirements by the specified deadline can lead to delays in the renewal of your Cosmetology license. You may not be able to renew your license until you've completed the required CE hours.
- Lapsed License: If you continue to operate with an expired or lapsed license, you could be in violation of state regulations, and this may result in penalties or disciplinary actions.
- Fines and Penalties: The Ohio Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) can impose fines and penalties for non-compliance with CE requirements. These fines can increase the longer you remain non-compliant.
- Ineligibility to Conduct Business: Non-compliance with CE requirements can result in a suspension or even revocation of your Cosmetology license, rendering you ineligible to conduct any Cosmetology business in Ohio.
- Client Disputes: Failing to meet CE requirements may affect your professional credibility and may lead to disputes with clients who expect their Cosmetology professionals to be well-informed and up-to-date on industry practices and regulations.
To avoid these negative consequences, it's essential to stay current with your CE requirements and complete the necessary CE hours within the specified time frame. Additionally, it's advisable to monitor CE deadlines and plan accordingly to ensure timely completion. If you encounter challenges or have questions regarding CE, it's a good practice to contact the Ohio Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) or your education provider for guidance.
Courses for Continuing Education
How do I register for an online continuing education course?
To register for an online continuing education course on coursesforcontinuingeducation.com, follow a few common steps:
- Search for Courses: From coursesforcontiungeducation.com, navigate through the website to find the specific continuing education course you want to register for. You can browse by category to find the course you need.
- Select the Course: Click on the course you're interested in to view more details. This is where you'll find information about the course content, requirements, duration, and pricing.
- Register and Enroll: Look for a "Enroll Now," or "Sign Up" button on the course page. Click on it.
- Create an Account: You'll be asked to create an account if you don't already have one. This will involve creating a username and a password.
- Payment: At checkout you'll be prompted to make a payment with a credit cards.
- Confirmation: After completing the registration and payment, you should receive a confirmation email with details about the course, including access instructions.
- Access the Course: Log in to your account on the website to access the course materials and start your continuing education.
In order to renew your Ohio cosmetology license, you must complete 4 hours of continuing education by January 15, 2025, as well as pay a renewal fee to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board on their eLicense website. You can create or login to your eLicense account on the board's eLicense website.
Where do I take the additional one hour of Board Laws and Rules?
One hour of Board Laws and Rules is required in addition to this course and is only offered by the board. You can find information on how to take this course on the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board website.
Will CE Broker receive my course completion hours?
All of your CE hours will be reported through CE Broker. You should create an account with them in order to view your current CE hours. You can find more information on the Board website.
The Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board will email you your renewed license within 30 days after you have completed all of your required CE and paid your renewal fee. It will be emailed to the email on file with them in your eLicense account. You can create or login to your eLicense account on the board's eLicense website.
Is coursesforcontinuingeducation.com an approved Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board provider for continuing education?
Yes! Courses for Continuing Education is fully approved to provide this course and is approved by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board.
Our Provider Number is CEP-000016. Our Course Approval Number is 230005. Our CE Broker Tracking Number is 20-985338.
This signifies that they have diligently met the requirements and standards established by the Ohio State Board Cosmetology and Barber Board to offer continuing education courses tailored for Cosmetologists in Ohio.
Students can confidently rely on the courses provided by this institution to satisfy their continuing education.